Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Out of the Kitchen

There hasn't been much cooking in our kitchen this week, although the balsamic roasted zucchini was ah-mazing last night!  High school basketball started and interrupted my kitchen time as well as my Christmas decorating!  

{Can you believe the nerve of those coaches?!}

Seriously, I do adore basketball season and L.O.V.E. watching my kiddo play.  

I have just this week to get all of our decorating up for the holidays.  This weekend we will host 20-something teenagers for a church youth group activity and I want everything as festive as it can possibly be!  I truly adore having a home filled with the laughter and fun of kids.  

First on my agenda was the tree, which my girls and hubby were happy to lend a hand with.



Normally I put up multiple trees, but with our move just around the corner I felt one was enough.


Elves and peppermints and shiny bright ornaments .... OH My!


I'm all about traditional colors and childhood fun. 


I was also so happy with the way the one turned out, I didn't dare attempt a second one!  

{How often does your ribbon curl the direction you want the first time around?}

There are many more halls to deck out for Christmas, but I will save those to share for later in the month.  Check out my side bar for a couple of upcoming "parties".  You may want to join in as well!

I'll be back in the the kitchen this weekend.  So many wonderful events happening this Christmas season from parties to cookie swaps to family gatherings that I know it will truly be a Christmas to remember!

What have you planned for your holiday season?

1 comment:

  1. The tree is gorgeous! Whimsy and childhood fun for sure. Hope that the games continue merrily. Do have fun with this weekend's house full of teens! Why am I tempted to cackle like an old hen? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love reading your comments!